The Town of Dayton is committed to the well-being of our furry friends, supporting initiatives to care for animals in need. For information on local animal shelters and animal control services, please find the following resources.
The Tippecanoe County Animal Control Department offers aid to residents by enforcing state animal control laws, humanely capturing and treating unwanted animals, investigating cases of animal abuse, neglect, and cruelty, and providing emergency transportation and care for injured animals. Additionally, we promptly respond to calls related to nuisance complaints and animal bites.
- Responding to stray animal complaints
- Investigating dangerous animals
- Barking dog complaints
- Trapping nuisance wildlife and loose livestock
- Carcass removal
- Ordinance enforcement
Nearby animal shelters play a vital role in supporting and caring for animals in need. They offer a range of services, including:
- Adoption programs to help animals find loving homes.
- Veterinary care to ensure the health and well-being of resident animals.
- Rehabilitation services for animals with special needs.
- Collaborative efforts with local communities to promote responsible pet ownership.
- Swift response to issues related to stray or abandoned animals.
Whether you're looking to adopt a new pet or seeking assistance for an animal in distress, these shelters contribute significantly to the welfare of our furry friends.