Leaf pick-up guidelines
- Curb side leaf collection is only for property addresses receiving town trash billing.
- All leaves are to be raked close to the street (not in the street, please) and in a pile
- Keep storm water catch basins free of leaves
- Keep leaf piles free of garbage
- Do not place sticks or other debris in with leaves
The town contracted with a firm other than the trash service company to collect leaves only. We are not collecting tree branches, limbs, stumps, shrub trimming, tree trimmings & grass clippings. Please don’t be ‘that person’ who expects the contractor to pick up items other than leaves.
2018 Leaf Pickup Schedule
(dates subject to change based on weather)
- Tuesday, 10/23/2018
- Tuesday, 11/6/2018
- Tuesday, 11/20/2018
- Tuesday, 12/4/2018
Tree branches should be a minimum of 8 ft. above the sidewalk and 15 ft. over the street. This allows pedestrians to safely use the sidewalk, and also allows school buses, garbage trucks and delivery vehicles to safely navigate the streets.
Sign up for Leaf Alerts and more
Sign up to receive Town of Dayton text/email alerts for the latest leaf collection information at Reach Alert. When selecting to Join Network, type Dayton in the box. See below